High Speed Steels ASP 2023
ASP2023 is a non cobalt grade for high performance cutting tools, cold work tools and rolls for cold rolling. It is a high-alloy high-speed steel, Manufactured powder metallurgically using the ASP Process. The steel is atomized, compacted and processed to the dimensions required. The result is an extremely homogeneous steel with a unique combination of properties. ASP 2023’s homogeneous structure enhances such properties as dimensional stability and shape stability during heat treatment, as well as improving grindability and toughness. Toughness is good even for large dimensions. ASP 2023’s method of manufacture and composition means that it can provide high hardness and good wear resistance.
|ASP 2023||HS 6-5-3||1.3395||S790||M3-2|
|20°C, 2 - 12.1x10-6 12.7x10-6 per °C||2||-||12.1x10-6||12.7x10-6|
|SPECIFIC HEAT||J/kg °C||2||420||510||600|
- = Soft annealed
- = Hardened 1180°C and tempered 560°C, 3×1 hour
- Cold Work
- Plastic injection
- Gear cutting tools
- Soft annealing in a protective atmosphere at 850-900°C for 3 hours, followed by slow cooling at 10°C/h down to 700°C, then air cooling.
- Stress-relieving at 600-700°C for approximately 2 hours, slow cooling down to 500°C.
- Hardening in a protective atmosphere at a temperature suitable for chosen working hardness. Pre-heating in 2 or 3 steps depending on tool dimension- design and austenetising temperature, last step 50°C below chosen austenitising temperature. Cooling down to 40-50°C.
- Tempering at 560°C three times for at least 1 hour each time. Cooling to room temperature (25°C) between temperings.